Saturday, April 23, 2011

Now What?

So after we have been living in this condo for 6.5 months, the landlady decided she must sell it. From the property manager we understand that she is 'upside down' on the mortgage and it must go for a short sale. We don't know if we have six months before we have to move or two months or a year or......... Back to living in unsettled conditions. Sometimes I envy those folks in their 60's who are settled and have been some place a long time and have little stress in their lives. Not good to be envious....but it gets tedious always wondering if we have to move; where we will go, etc.
...... Husband is a wanderer, so loves to move; I see him all the time on his computer looking at new areas........not fun for me. We have been in this area for some time. We feel like we have some (shallow) roots down. Yes, this is our third living space here, but still in the general area. Four grandkids live in the area and son and daughter-in-law. As we get older, it gives (me, at least) some comfort knowing a blood relative and sweet grandkids are nearby. Who wants to live 500 miles from the nearest child when one gets older, gets sick or needs help?

Today one of my good friends was buried. She was 3 months younger than I am. I will miss contact with her. But so happy for her victorious finish in this life! What an inspiration she has always been to me. I've known her since I was 16 years old.

.......What is dying?

A ship sails and I stand

watching until she fades

on the horizon, and someone at my

side says, "She is gone".

Gone where? Gone from my

sight, that is all; she is just as

large as when I saw her...

The diminished size and total

loss of sight is in me, not in

her, and just at the moment

when someone at my side

says "she is gone" there are

others who are watching her

coming, and other voices

take up a glad shout, "there

she comes!".... and that is

dying.

(Thanks to Doug for quoting this in an email)

No comments:

Post a Comment